Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The last 3 Months......


As many of you know, back in May of 2002 I was diagnosed as a Type II Diabetic. It’s a dreadful disease and responsible for the taking my paternal grandfather's life, and likely, partially responsible for taking my father’s life back in 2010. 

I know many people have this terrible affliction and many are able to control it. I, however, never put much stock in it until my father’s passing. My father was only in his mid 60's when he died. I am in my late 40's and would like to be around more than just another 20 years. 

So, with the drive to live a long healthy life, I still struggled with how and when to get started.  It took almost 9 months to find my way to a gym, but I did it! And, to date, I’ve lost close to 60 pounds.  Recently, I was fine tuning my diet and fitness goals, and decided to change my diet completely.   

On February 10th I started a new weight loss challenge--The Paleo Diet*.

Now I won't bore you with the details, but this is by far the best thing that has happened to me!

This diet is not for everyone, it’s not easy, and at times it can be awful, but I can vouch for the fact that it--WORKS! 

In the last 30-days, I’ve lost 20+ pounds; my A1C has dropped to below 7.0 for the first time since I was diagnosed with Diabetes. And, my cholesterol (LDL) is on point at 80 along with a normal blood pressure.
How cool is that, right?  Well, it gets better; I no longer need to take blood pressure medication! A medication that I’ve been living on since 2005--Can I get an Amen? Also, the doctor adjusted my medicine for diabetes. 
Between the diet and my fitness goals, I’m on the right track to living a healthier lifestyle.

However, there is so much more than just following The Paleo Diet, my goals are a combination of many different changes in my life, which I’ll share with you in the next blog post.  Till then, Smart Choices Today Will Make Healthier Tomorrows…

For any help with your weight loss and or health goals please contact me 
@ djmaldonado3@verizon.net
or 
www.formerfatguy.net


 * For details on The Paleo Diet, please Google; Paleo, Paleo Diet, or Caveman Diet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment